School Admission & Entrance Requirements
Admission to The Wellness School programs is open to all applicants who are over 18 years of age (prior to the first day of class) who have completed high school education (see below for specific requirements). All applicants are required to pass a criminal background check.
Parents, children, and/or significant others are encouraged to tour the school facilities and attend school events. This provides applicants and their families opportunities to see and learn about the school and ask questions that relate to curriculum and educational objectives.
Applicants desiring admission should apply as promptly as possible. To be accepted for a specific start date, applicants should be aware of the following: For each group, Enrollment is limited. Applications are due 3 weeks prior to the start of class. Enrollment less than two weeks prior to the beginning of class is considered late, and those applications will be considered for a specific start date only if enrollment is available.
- Applicants who wish to pursue our Clinical Massage Therapist Program may be admitted to The Wellness School if they complete an application form and include the following documents:
- A completed school application.
- A Letter of Recommendation from a guidance counselor, teacher, work supervisor or other adult not related to you.
- A letter from a health professional stating you are physically, mentally and emotionally capable of giving and receiving massage (including deep tissue massages).
- Proof of graduation from high school. Any of the following will be accepted:
- Official high school transcripts.
- A copy of high school diploma
- General Educational Development (GED) documentation
- A statement signed by the applicant that attests to graduation and includes the date of graduation and name of high school last attended.
Please Note: Graduation from high school or equivalency is required to obtain Wisconsin State Massage Therapist licensure. The Wellness School may verify the validity of a high school diploma by checking with the Department of Education of the state in which the high school is located.
- $100 Application Fee. This fee is non-refundable unless the applicant cancels the application within 3 business days. Applicants have until midnight of the third day, excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and legal holidays. If an applicant cancels their application within the 3 business day time window, the application fee will be refunded in full within 10 days of receiving the cancellation notice.
Please Note: The Wellness School reserves the right to reject applicants if the items listed above are not successfully completed.
- As part of the admissions process, The Wellness School conducts a criminal background check for each student. Convictions of certain crimes or pending charges may be grounds for denial of license if the circumstances of the conviction or charge are substantially related to professional practice. Applicants should check the following websites or call for more information:
http://dhfs.state.wi.us/caregiver or call (608) 266-5764 or contact the Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services: http://dsps.wi.gov or call (608) 266-2112. If you are liable for delinquent state taxes or child support, contact the Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services, as this may also impact your ability to obtain a Massage Therapy License.
- Once an applicant has completed and submitted: the application form, the required documentation, the application fee, and has passed the criminal background check, The Wellness School will review all information and inform the applicant of enrollment status. Notification is by electronic mail and/or post mail. If an applicant is not accepted, the application fee is not refunded.
- Once an Applicant has been notified of acceptance, complete the enrollment process by paying a $500 deposit. The deposit is refundable according to The Wellness School’s refund policy.
Additional Program Admission Requirements
All applicants to The Wellness School must:
- Attend an orientation session prior to the start of class.
- Sign a Student Disclosure form relating to the Health Information Portability Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Any applicants for whom English is a second language must demonstrate proficiency through assessments established by The Wellness School. Further information will be provided by the School Administrator or Admissions Representative.
- Have internet access and a computer/device that has a web browser.